Please note this is a M14 -1.25 fine thread. This form of tap is ideal for tougher materials as the thread is formed in three stages as opposed to NON serial taps which form the thread in one pass.
- Material: HSS (High Speed Steel)
- BOTTOM TAPS have a chamfer (lead) of 1–2 threads, the angle of the lead being around 18 degrees per side. They are used to produce threads close to the bottom of blind holes.
- SECOND TAPS have a lead of 3-5 threads at 8 degrees per side. They are the most popular and can be used for through holes, or blind holes where the thread does not need to go right to the bottom.
- TAPER TAPS have a lead of 7-10 threads at 5 degrees per side. The taper lead distributes the cutting force over a large area, and the taper shape helps the thread to start. They can therefore be used to start a thread prior to use of second or bottom leads, or for through holes.
- Requires 12.8mm drill.
- Complimentary ground shipping within 1 business days
- In-store collection available within 1 business days
- Express delivery options are also available at checkout
- Purchases are delivered by AU Post with the exception of Black Bark cases
- All purchases will have a tracking number forwarded to you once a label is created
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
- Easy and complimentary, within 14 days however buyer pays return postage cost's
- See conditions and procedure in our return FAQs